^ Back to Top
A Business Must Have A Search Engine Optimization Plan Before
Starting To Build A Website
Experts Say Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Is A Science And An Art
To some extent, that’s true. However, it isn’t rocket science. You can begin by understanding the concept of “keywords” and how to use them properly.
Always remember that you cannot control what your potential client or customer will type into Google or Bing when looking for a service or product.
What you want to do is to set up your site to attempt to match what your clients or customers are looking for.
Before You Pay A Search Engine Company Thousands Of Dollars, Talk To eCurtain Media
We break down the complex process of Search Engine Optimation into clear simple concepts so you can make the right choices.
eCurtain will tell you what to realistically expect when you optimize your website to bring in clients and customers.
Why Is A Excellent Search Engine Ranking Important To Any Business?
Once a customer or client has typed their search words into a Search Engine such as Google or Yahoo, eighty percent of potential clients or customers will only look at the first 8-10 results.
There’s A Difference Between Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Search Engine Optimization is the process of improving your Search Engine Ranking without paying Search Engines a fee to enjoy a more visible ranking. In general, a great ranking achieved through Search Engine Optimization is more valuable than one gotten through Search Engine Marketing.
Search Engine Marketing is paying for your site to appear high in Search Engine Results. These appearance are denoted with a highlight in the Search Engine Rankings. Although more people may see your business, they are less likely to click on a paid Search Engine Result.
Here Are Some Valuable Tips About Search Engine Optimization
1) Decide on your keywords and plan your SEO strategy before constructing your web pages.
2) Never listen to anyone who tells you they can get you “to the first page of Google” fast. They’re simply not telling you the truth.
3) Find out what “Black Hat” SEO strategies are and never employ them. Black Hat SEO can get you banned from Google and that would be a disaster for your business.
4) Always provide “alt” tags for any image or multimedia content.
5) Pay special attention to the names of your HTML files and the tiles in the title “meta” description. Don't be too concerned about the “meta” content section. Search engines don’t pay much attention to them anymore.
6) Download an XML Sitemap template. Customize it with the files on your site. Submit it to Google.
7) Modify the content on your pages often. Just a little change goes a long way. Google notices when a website hasn’t changed for while and your ranking will suffer.
8) Use good CSS to build your webpages. Avoid complex HTML Tables and Frames. Search engines like Google "read" your site. Make it easy for them. Put your most important information at the top of your web pages.
That’s just a start.
Write to eCurtain today to get objective impartial affordable Search Engine Optimization advice.
Copyright © 2011-12 eCurtain Media LLC. All Rights Reserved. Designed And Programmed By: John Heartfield & Louie Jie Mahusay Page Updated: 8/10/12